Increase your burn time to 3.5 minutes with the XM42-M Ultralite!
ION Productions XM42-M Ultralite Backpack
Designed for the US Forestry Service, firefighters, and controlled burn specialists, the Ultralite is the epitome of flame throwing technology. Our extended reach torch facilitates application of fire across washes and other geographical concerns compared to standard drip torches.
- Hand TIG welded aluminum 3 gallon reservoir with deep engraved logo
- PTFE stainless steel braided fuel hose
- Translucent armored sight-gauge for at-a-glance fuel level observation
- Custom nylon straps by Zulu Nylon Gear (coyote brown)
- Heavy duty carry handle
- Weighs 6.8 lb (only adding 5.8 lb when installed due to removing the standard fuel tank)
- Ultralite backpack reservoir
- -6AN PTFE stainless braided hose
- Adapter fitting to connect to flamethrower
- Cushioned nylon straps
- Copper flare seals*
- Detailed instruction manual
Simply unscrew the standard 4″ tank, unscrew the hex/pipe feed tube, thread on the AN fitting, and connect it to the backpack reservoir using the included line. Detailed instructions and images are included. A video guide will also be available.
*Sealing is important in this application. Ion productions does not trust AN fittings on their own. They know there is anecdotal evidence that they’ve never leaked on race cars or aircraft, but in their experience, they are hit or miss, and they can’t have a miss when there’s fuel strapped to the user’s back. A soft copper flared seal is a cheap and easy way to ensure that no matter what, the fitting will be sealed.
Check with your local laws before ordering. It is your responsibility to understand and abide by all country, state, and local regulations. While you may be successful having a unit shipped to you; it’s up to you to ensure it’s legal in your area.
This device is solely intended for entertainment and utility purposes only. A flamethrower is a fun device for responsible adults and has numerous practical purposes. Don’t be stupid. Be safe, be smart.