Lancer’s one-piece Adaptive Magwell is a bolt-on upgrade for all MILSPEC AR-15’s which increases the effective diameter of the magazine well, decreasing reload time and improving reliability and consistency under stressful or adverse conditions.
Compatible with MILSPEC AR-15 rifles and lower receivers with removable trigger guards
Machined from 6061 T6 aluminum
Includes rubber gaskets for a snug rattle-free fit
Note: Lancer’s Adaptive Magwell is not compatible with third generation (G3) Magpul PMAGs due to the magazine’s over-travel stop.
- Remove spring pin (or roll pin) from the front of the trigger guard where it connects the existing magwell.
- Swing the trigger guard down so that you have approximately 1/2″ of clearance below the magwell.
- Slide the Lancer Adaptive Magwell (LAM) over the lower lip of the receiver until it stops, making sure that the rubber gasket is properly seated down in the front pocket of the LAM.
- Using a small flathead screwdriver or the tip of a dummy round, depress the spring-loaded pin on the LAM and slide it the rest of the way onto the receiver until the spring-pin pops into place in the trigger guard pin hole.
- Re-install the front of the trigger guard into the mount on the LAM.
- Check to make sure the LAM is secure and perform a basic function test on the rifle prior to live-fire use.