No products in the cart.
Modular Interlocking Ballistic Barrier System known as MIB2S
The Modular Interlocking Ballistic Barrier System (MIB2S) was designed to prioritize ballistic protection, mobility, speed of assembly and disassembly, rapid configurability, and extreme durability. MIB2S durability and portability enable this system to be the ideal solution for creating a rapidly deployable (and re-deployable) ballistic barrier system in police and military operations for:
- Entry control points
- Check points
- Mission essential vulnerable areas (MEVA’s)
Shoot house (Innumerable floor plan configurations)
School and work place safety
Active shooter deterrence
Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) containment
The objective of MIB2S is to provide a configurable, mobile, and rapidly deployable barrier that provides highly effective protection for personnel, buildings, and other assets in innumerable situations. The compound used in the MIB2S is a patented composite polymer material with a very high strength-to-weight ratio specifically designed to protect against ballistic projectiles, including those from every kind of conventional explosive device. The compound absorbs and traps projectiles into itself, and does not degrade under attack, but rather gains strength from the resulting increase in density. MIB2S is manufactured in a number of form factors including a mobile system of interlocking modules that are easily assembled in the field without the need for tools or formal instruction and is easily re-configurable in shape to fill an immediate or changing need.
MIB2S Ballistic Barrier Advantages:
- Ballistic Protection: The compound safely absorbs projectiles from small arms fire (including .50 BMG FMJ and APIT rounds) and all conventional explosive devices on the modern battlefield.
- Mobility: System components are relatively lightweight and the interlocking modular system make it more mobile than any comparable protective barrier on the market.
- Deployable: The MIB2S is quickly assembled in the field with no required tools and no need for formal instruction.
- Configurability: Within an identical cubic system of any given size, all interlocking modules, are exactly the same. Every module fits with every other module, and the variety of structural shapes that may be configured from the modules is unlimited.
- Durability: The patented polymer traps and absorbs projectiles into itself, and does not degrade under attack, but rather gains strength from the resulting increase in density.
U.S. Army Materiel Command Tested and Evaluated:
MIB2S (12” thickness) was successfully tested against the following calibers:
- 5.56mm (M16) FMJ, HP, AP & Tracer
- 7.62X39 (AK-47) FMJ, HP, AP & Tracer
- .308 FMJ & AP
- .30-06 FMJ & AP
- .300 Win Mag SP & HP
- 7mm Rem Mag SP & HP
- .50 BMG FMJ,API(Armor Piercing Incendiary) and Mk211 Mod 0 (Raufoss)
- All known shotgun rounds
- All known handgun calibers
- Detonation cord
- “Pineapple” IED fragmentary grenades
- Other improvised explosive devices
- Pipe bombs
Manufacturer successfully tested MIB2S and defeated the following calibers:
- 40mm (fired from Mk19)
- 7.62x54r AP
- 5.45×39 FMJ and AP
- .338 Lapua
- .50 Cal APIT (Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracer)
KF Armory, LLC is a distributor for MIB2S.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for acquisition information.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.