Wilson Combat has redefined the defensive handgun with the EDC X9, a modern hybrid of our EDC 9 1911 slide assembly mated with the all new high-capacity X-frame. This groundbreaking design combines the accuracy, ergonomics and trigger pull of the classic 1911 design with enhanced reliability, and concealable, high capacity performance.
The ergonomic design of the X-frame in conjunction with your choice of small or large back strap and small, medium or long trigger pad can be tailored to fit all hand sizes comfortably. The EDC X9 front and back strap are machined with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern that provides a tactile but nonabrasive grip in all shooting conditions. The EDC X9 will fit the majority of holsters on the market designed for 4” or 4.25” 1911 pistols and is offered with or without an accessory rail.
Designed by Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat engineers, the X-frame is a 15-round, high capacity 9mm 1911 frame that is similar in size to a traditional compact, single stack 1911. The X-frame is machined at Wilson Combat from T6-7075 aluminum and accepts a high capacity magazine with a grip that is smaller in circumference than a standard 1911 while retaining traditional 1911 controls. The EDC X9 15-round, double column magazine was developed jointly with Mec-Gar, industry leaders in double column magazine design.
The screwless X-frame design uses hammer spring tension to keep the aggressive traction Wilson/VZ G-10 starburst pattern grips securely in place. The result is a highly concealable, high capacity pistol frame that easily disassembles for grip/back strap removal or routine cleaning with a ⅛” pin punch.
“The EDC X9 has been the most extensive design and development project Wilson Combat has undertaken in our 40-year history and it reflects what the company has become today from our humble beginnings as a one man gunsmithing shop.”-Bill Wilson, CEO of Wilson Combat.
THE ENHANCED RELIABILITY SYSTEM
The EDC X9 slide assembly is from our single stack EDC 9 pistol with Wilson Combat’s ERS “Enhanced Reliability System” for 9mm 1911’s. The ERS is tailored to the varying power level of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication. Other features include a Tri-Top slide profile with user-replaceable front sight, single lug tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel, rear Tactical Adjustable Battlesight and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor.
“During my extensive shooting of the EDC X9 during development and final testing I have been very impressed with its functional reliability beginning all the way back to some of the early prototypes, this tells me the overall design is inherently very sound and I applaud our engineers and pistol smiths that worked so hard on this project.”-Bill Wilson, CEO of Wilson Combat.
- Caliber: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 4”
- Overall Length: 7.4”
- Sight Radius: 5.6”
- Height: 5.25”
- Width: 1.4”
- Weight Empty: 29.09 oz
- Weight Loaded: 35.04 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yrds
- High-Capacity Compact Size Armor-Tuff® Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Mainspring Housing Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof® Hammer
- Bullet Proof® X9 Thumb Safety, Ambidextrous Upgrade
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Pad
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Black Cherry G-10 Aggressive Starburst Pattern Grips
- 4” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Unique X-TAC Rear & Front Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- EDC X9 Tritium with Orange Outline Front Sight Upgrade
- 4” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines