The EDC X9L design combines the accuracy, ergonomics and trigger pull of the classic 1911 design with enhanced reliability, and high capacity performance. This one-inch longer barrel version gives you an extended sight radius to match your standard 1911 with 15 round magazine capacity and a new optional aluminum magwell that ensures fast reloads under stress or on the clock.
The EDC X9L 5” slide assembly and the match-grade, bushing-style barrel is tailored to the varying power level of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication. Other slide features include a Tri-Top slide profile with a user-replaceable front sight, rear Tactical Adjustable Battlesight, and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor.
The Wilson Combat X-frame is a high capacity 9mm 1911 frame that is similar in size to a traditional compact, single stack 1911. The X-frame is machined at Wilson Combat from T6-7075 aluminum and accepts a high capacity magazine with a grip that is smaller in circumference than a standard 1911 while retaining traditional 1911 controls. The new, optional X9 aluminum magwell will enable fast reloads in a tactical or competition situation and extends the grip for shooters with large hands.
The ergonomic design of the X-frame grip in conjunction with an enlarged trigger guard window and your choice of radiused trigger pad length fits all hand sizes comfortably and improves recoil control. The EDC X9L front and back strap are machined with the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern that provides a comfortable but tactile grip in all shooting conditions. The EDC X9L will fit the majority of leather holsters on the market designed for 5” 1911 pistols and is offered with or without an accessory rail.
The Wilson Combat EDC X9L 5” offers 1911-style match-grade accuracy and superior ergonomics combined with modern service pistol capacity and reliability.
Designed by Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat engineers, the X-frame is a 15-round, high capacity 9mm 1911 frame that is similar in size to a traditional compact, single stack 1911. The X-frame is machined at Wilson Combat from T6-7075 aluminum and accepts a high capacity magazine with a grip that is smaller in circumference than a standard 1911 while retaining traditional 1911 controls. The EDC X9L 15-round, double column magazine was developed jointly with Mec-Gar, industry leaders in double column magazine design.
The screwless X-frame design uses hammer spring tension to keep the aggressive traction Wilson/VZ G-10 starburst pattern grips securely in place. The result is a highly concealable, high capacity pistol frame that easily disassembles for grip/back strap removal or routine cleaning with a ⅛” pin punch.
“The EDC X9L has been the most extensive design and development project Wilson Combat has undertaken in our 40-year history and it reflects what the company has become today from our humble beginnings as a one man gunsmithing shop.”-Bill Wilson, CEO of Wilson Combat.
THE ENHANCED RELIABILITY SYSTEM
The EDC X9L slide assembly is from our single stack EDC 9 pistol with Wilson Combat’s ERS “Enhanced Reliability System” for 9mm 1911’s. The ERS is tailored to the varying power level of 9mm ammunition and maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication. Other features include a Tri-Top slide profile with user-replaceable front sight, single lug tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel, rear Tactical Adjustable Battlesight and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor.
“During my extensive shooting of the EDC X9L during development and final testing I have been very impressed with its functional reliability beginning all the way back to some of the early prototypes, this tells me the overall design is inherently very sound and I applaud our engineers and pistol smiths that worked so hard on this project.”-Bill Wilson, CEO of Wilson Combat.
- Available Calibers: 9mm
- Magazine Capacity: 15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 5”
- Overall Length: 8.7”
- Sight Radius: 6.6”
- Height: 5.25”
- Width: 1.4”
- Weight Empty: 32.4 oz
- Weight Loaded: 42.5 oz
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1” at 25 yds
- High-Capacity Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof® Hammer
- Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety – Ambidextrious Carbon Upgrade
- 3 ½# – 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull with Short Length Pad
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Black G10 Aggressive Starburst Grips with Pewter Medallions
- 5” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Unique X-TAC Rear & Front Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Tactical Adjustable Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight
- 5” Stainless Barrel and Bushing with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
- Carry Cuts/Ball Endmill Cuts
- Magwell Grip Extension Upgrade
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
*Photos may include features and/or upgrades not included in the base price.
* Weights shown are close approximations. Due to slight variations in all parts and/or custom option deviations, we cannot guarantee the weight to be 100% specific on any firearm.